Tuesday, April 8, 2008

My BIL had a heart attack!

My brother-in-law had a heart attack today. We drove down to see him - a city about 1.5 hrs away. I'm so tired. We just felt it was the right thing to do. When I lost my baby, he came immediately to the hospital to see us. He came when others didn't even come see me.

He is doing ok, but obviously shaken up. His heart doesn't have permanent damage. He did have a major blockage that they put int a stint in his heart via his arteries. It's amazing what they can do these days without opening up the chest.

He understands he needs to get his weight under control and stop smoking and exercise. I think this is an eye-opener for him. He is 41 or 42 only!!! I left work today, I have a lot of work but not too interested in working. They didn't say much when I told them that I was leaving and why.

Turns out, my sister was also in the same hospital. She had a seizure. She was born premature and is mentally disabled. She is in the hospital quite a bit. Usually, I can't go see her when she is in the hospital as she is only there one day or so. I'm glad that I got to see her. She is my inspiration and my hero. She is also 41. It is weird that she and my BIL went to the same hospital. She said she never goes to that hospital. She is in a group home as my parents couldn't manage her anymore as they are getting older. She is so smart and really sharp. She amazes me.

I have good news today, but 2 members of my IMMEDIATE family are in the hospital. Isn't that odd?


I have a slight sore throat and sneezing. I hope I get better soon. I'm praying for a good beta tomorrow.

3 comments:

Monica H said...

I hope your BIL recovers quickly and your sister doesn't have to visit the hospital any time soon. You did have good news today, but your day will come and all the joy can be shared.

Busted said...

I'm so sorry about your BIL and that your family is going through troubles. I hope everyone is ok.

Ariella said...

I am so sorry to hear about your BIL and sister. I am glad to hear they willboh be fine.