Saturday, January 12, 2008

What is irritating me this week...

I am irritated that I haven't had AF - first one since m/c. I am now 6 weeks and 2 days after my m/c. I didn't have a D&C. That is probably a good thing due to my possible incompetent cervix.
When will she show her face?

I did start running yesterday - started out slowly. Yea! I haven't run in 5 months or more. It felt good to get frustration out. I thought it would bring AF since running seems to relax me. Nope. I think it will show up soon though.

I went to a family party last weekend and I thought I would be a mess with family asking questions. I was pretty cool about everything. Even this one girl I can't stand- my cousin's wife - asking me when I was going to have a baby. I just told her we were trying - she has no idea of the miscarriage. She told me to rub her daughter's belly for good luck - whatever. Anyway, she is about 5 years older than me, maybe 38-40, and she is a grandma already - twice over. Her daughter is about 18 or 19 with a 2nd kid on the way - not married and probably different fathers. I had no idea she even had one. Anyway, I told her 'Oh I bet you can't wait for your grandson'. She just gave me the go to hell look. :)

I am scared that some of my friends will be a grandmother before I am a mother. Some of my friends have kids that are older..Most of my friends have 3 kids and are younger than me. I just want one, please.

My new year's resolution is not let people bug me so much. I do have to say that having a m/c after going through infertility has one positive - less people ask about when we are having a baby. The question that bugs us infertiles. Right before my m/c, I was really irritated with some people at work and one of my mom's friends. I don't think it caused my m/c, but I think the stress didn't HELP. I really don't want people to get under my skin. I can't control situations and can't help that bad people exist. I will be less irritated by stupid people and less consumed with work. I guess that is another resolution. :)

2 comments:

Monica H said...

"My new year's resolution is not let people bug me so much."

Good luck with that one! Stupid people are all over the place, so it's bound to happen. I like this resolution though :)

Monica H said...

I was just reading another blog and someone left this poem in the comment section, so I thought I'd share it with you. The author is unknown.

"Whatever your cross, whatever your pain,
there will always be sunshine, after the rain....

Perhaps you may stumble, perhaps even fall;
But God's always ready, to answer your call....

He knows every heartache, sees every tear,
a word from His lips, can calm every fear...

Your sorrows may linger, throughout the night,
But suddenly vanish, dawn's early light...

The Savior is waiting, somewhere above,
to give you His grace, and send you His love...

Take care, Monica :)