Monday, January 28, 2008

Always Blessings, Never Losses

I was watching J o h n Edward - C r o s s Country this past weekend. My DH doesn't care for him. I'm not 100% if he can talk to dead people, but I do enjoy his show most of the time. Well he was talking to a lady who lost her son - he was about 4. And she said she was happy to have had him that long - she said it was a blessing, not a loss. J o h n Edward got really emotional - not sure why - maybe he lost a child before. She just said it very simply 'blessings not losses'.
I just thought that is a really good way to look at it. I was so blessed to have my son with me that long - almost 16 weeks.

I think back at 2007 and think it was cursed or something, but at least I was pregnant and had a child growing inside of me for 4 months. That is something and it is something great. I hope to experience that again someday or to at least have a child even if I didn't carry him/her. I never was excited to be a pregnant lady - it isn't something that I had to do. I just want the end goal - a little human- and whether that is through pregnancy, surrogacy, or adoption - I would be happy.

Coming soon - my IVF journey and my loss. I really need to document what happened so I can remember what I was experiencing at the time. I hope to be going through IVF again, so I want to remember what I did and what worked last time.

http://www.wetv.com/shows/johnedward/episodes/episode207

1 comment:

Monica H said...

That is a good way to look at it. I wonder how long it takes to actually get there though.