Friday, June 6, 2008

First u/s

My DH came back early from work travel and got to go with me to the first u/s. I was nervous, but I'm glad he was there with me.
We saw one baby with a strong heartbeat. It was 138 bpm.
I am supposed to be 7 weeks pregnant and the baby was measuring 6 weeks 5 days. My RE was not worried.
I go back in another week before they will release me. I'm hoping the baby keeps growing. Two days is no big deal, but I still worry. My RE thought I should have been 7 weeks 1 day, but there is no way for them to know when I ovulated. Either way, he said unless it is a week difference they don't worry.
I'm kinda worried because my HCG was so high at 6 weeks pregnant and I only have one baby. I asked my RE and he just said it was kinda high, but he said 'well they will tell you with the triple screening'. I didn't like that answer. I really don't mind having a child with downs syndrome as my sister is mentally retarded, but I'm scared my peri won't do the cerclage if anything is wrong with the baby. I need to stop googling. :)
I'm worrying too much - I just need to take it -one step at a time.
I just love this baby so much and as we all do - want a great outcome.

2 comments:

Ariella said...

I am sure the baby is fine. So glad you u/s went well. I measured two days behing at my first appt. Then a day ahead at my next. Then two days behind again at my third. It can change depending on angle of the baby. Congrats again.

Monica H said...

You have every right to worry as that's all you've done since you lost your first baby. But take your own advice and take it one day at a time. I'll be praying for a positive outcome.