Tuesday, February 12, 2008

This cycle is a bust

I think AF is on her way. :(
We didn't put much hope in this cycle as we have tried for so long with no chance of success except for IVF. I was hoping my DH's numbers had improved enough to get me pregnant.
Looks like we are moving onto FET starting when I get AF in the next few days. FET is so much easier on the body. I overstimulated on my first cycle of IVF, so I'm looking forward to not have to go through all the shots and monitoring appts. I still will have to do the PIO shots close to the time of transfer. My DH hates those shots, but he got really good at giving them.
I'm so scared that the FET won't work and I'm so scared that it will work and it will be twins. We will transfer two embryos if both of them thaw. I know God will not give us what we can't handle. I'm just scared with twins and my possibly weak cervix. I would love it if it worked with the cerclage. I'm also very small and twins would be challenging for me anyway. I know that the chances for having twins with FET are lower too. We are just praying for at least one to stick.
I'm going to take one step at a time. If FET doesn't work, we will do another fresh cycle of IVF. If that doesn't work, we will see - maybe another IVF or onto adoption.

1 comment:

Monica H said...

I would be concerned about having twins. The idea sounds lovely, but if yo udo have a weak cervix, then multiples is the last thing you need. If your cevix can barely handle the stress of one baby, then you don't need to chance two. I would LOVE to have twins (not that it runs in the family) but my doctor has already shot me down on that one. She has told me no Clomid and no fertility treatments. We'll have to do it on our own and see what happens. I wish you the best of luck.