Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Saw this book on GMA

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/Books/story?id=6629432&page=1

On good morning america this morning, I saw this book. I haven't bought it or read it, so I have no idea if it is good. But I did like the theme of the book - women overcoming tragedies (from getting fired from Seinfeld to having a premature baby).

I don't know if the baby lives, but one of the actresses on M.adMen had a premature baby (picture in the article but not discussed). When she was describing what she went through, I was just crying. She talked about how her body failed her child.

I'm not really a fan of self-help books - this may not be one of those, but this one seemed interesting. Some of the tragedies are BIGGER than others - I'm sure. I have to say I don't read a lot of books, but I bet this one would be a fast read.

No comments: