Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Cerclage pictures




Here is a picture of my cerclage:

I'm not sure how it was knotted - it is hard to tell, but I think it makes a loop. (as I tried to do in picture 1)
It does look like a shoe lace. I soaked it in peroxide for about a day.
It looks similar to the one I posted that I saw that someone else had. I'll try to post a link to that again. Some people's is more like a nylon or blue string...

Here is one that is one from someone on the IC board that I frequent (this is not mine):
http://i36.tinypic.com/27xqo20.jpg

4 comments:

Busted said...

Strange, I pictured it being a lot smaller, like a piece of red nylon twine. It looks almost like a pretty white ribbon! Congrats on making it so far.

Dre said...

I pictured it smaller too... amazing what such a relatively little thing can accomplish (well, your precautions certainly played a big role). Thanks for sharing the pic with us!

Monica H said...

It looks so white and clean- like ribbon, did they wrap your cervix in wrapping paper too :-)

Have you seen the cerclage pics in this site?

http://bigmaybe.blogspot.com/2008/06/evidence.html

Jeff and Kerry said...

Thank you so much for pointing me to your blog after I had my cerclage put in. You have been my inspiration to really pay attention to what my doctors are saying and keep these babies in for as long as possible! (lovemy2boys on SAIF)