Sunday, September 7, 2008

Stuck in high school...

I called my grandmother yesterday to tell her that I was pregnant and one of my aunts. My grandmother is in her 90s and when I first started talking to her she said 'I was thinking about you yesterday that you are pregnant'. I told her that I am pregnant. It's kinda weird she thought that, but I think someone might have told her but her brain is getting old now. Who knows?
It is very difficult to call her because she cries a lot when I call. I think it is half tears of joy though. I don't call her that often because honestly it is difficult to endure a phone call where someone is constantly crying on the other end. I started crying of course and it isn't something I want to do too much when I'm pregnant. I was dreading the call, but glad it was short and she was happy that I called. She is not a very nice MIL to my mother. Her son is perfect - everything that could be attributed to him - the blame is placed on my mom. We have a weird relationship. I'm apparently her favorite as I look like her son and her husband who passed away. But I don't always feel the love from her...I do love her though.
She is so 'old school'. I hate it when people don't know they are saying stuff that is mean, but it is. She always tells me (like every time I call her for one year now and even yesterday) 'that's good you are pregnant, people should always have 1-2 children, but no more and no less'. Of course, after I lost my son, these words didn't provide me hope. I let her pass with her comments as she is old and she doesn't know how to be PC. Her sister had one child and had a lot of difficult even getting pregnant. Her other sister never had children.

We told one of our friends yesterday who had kinda lost touch with us for about a year. It is DH's friends and he just kinda wasn't happy with them so he cut communication w/them (but they also didn't communicate much w/us). They called yesterday to tell us they wanted to visit and show us their 1yr3m old son. We told them our news.

I told one of my high school friends yesterday. It's funny how people our self centered. She is very much like my sister. I talked to her for 1 hr and it was 50 mins about her and 10 min about me (or less). Not too balanced...She also says things like 'well i'm a mom so i have to buy my kids, xyz and that is expensive'. We are the same age, but one of her children is a teenager. Anyway, she calls me back and I don't answer as I'm in the bathroom. I thought 'maybe she is calling back to offer to have a shower for me'. I already have a family shower in the works and maybe another shower from a friend, so I don't need another one. I should know better. I checked the message and she is calling to tell me that she got an email for our 20 yr r.eunion. I did not call her back for that. :) I wouldn't go anyway - I didn't go to our 10 yr r.eunion. Why would I go to this one? She is so stuck in high school and I'm not, so our phone calls are always 'oh so and so got divorced or had another baby, etc'. First of all, I didn't graduate 20 yrs ago. I have a few years to go. :)

No comments: